The CUNY Phonology Forum Conference on the Word was hosted by the CUNY Graduate Center Linguistics Program on January 14th -16th, 2010.
The central topic for this conference centered around the Word in Phonology. Some of the issues which were addressed include:
- Is the word a valid concept?
- Is the word the same entity as the phonological word?
- Is the word hierarchically superordinate to feet and/or syllables?
- What is the internal structure of the word?
- What principles determine word structure?
What aspects of the word are relevant to rhyme and meter?
- How do psycholinguistic processes interact with the linguist’s word?
- How do morphological and phonological rules/constraints refer to the word?
- Does the word exist at different levels of phonology and phonetics?
You can find the abstracts, papers, and audio files for all the talks listed below by speaker.